WHY CAN'T SPANISH DOGS LEARN ENGLISH?

WHY CAN'T SPANISH DOGS LEARN ENGLISH?

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A SUNNY VIEW AND CHICKEN POOP (oh, I mean coop!)

So the sun came out at last.  It didn't really rain for long but it felt like it.  I suppose I just hate gloomy weather.  Yesterday was a lovely sunny day, today a bit of a mix.  Apparently we are in for another storm tonight so we will have to batten down the hatches (shut all the persiana's).  Persiana's are shutters for the exterior of windows.  Very common here in Spain and many other countries also.  


Snow capped peaks of the Tramuntana Mountain range.  View from Son Sintes, Sa Pobla, across the potato field.

We had a fairly quiet day today, although we had guests for lunch.  C was in the kitchen all morning - almost.  He made a marmalade cake (which we gave our guests to take home with them), a pear and ginger cake, which was served hot for pudding (with cream), roast chicken & roast potatoes with lots of fresh veggies.  We also served some shortbread biscuits at the end of the meal, I made these on Friday evening.

We finally managed to get some sawdust for the hen house (it is so expensive) so I was able to clean out the hens yesterday, which I do regularly, but at least they had some better bedding.  They keep kicking out all the straw from the nest boxes so I am going to see if I can find an alternative.

 The cleaning out process.  It was very muddy so I spread some clean straw around the coop which helps with the footing (mine not the chickens).

Sawdust - hooray.  




 Rex and Ruffa


Keeping en eye on this girl, she was behaving strangely for a day or so!  
I have also wormed the chickens now, so we can't eat the eggs for a few days.

More news soon.  Lets see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment